1. To promote rational, logical thought in all areas of life and discourage policies, laws and decisions based on irrational beliefs.
2. To actively discourage the presentation of unproven myths as fact.
3. To actively pursue the unbiased scientific and historical investigation of such mythology.
4. To ban the Canadian songstress Celine Dion and her work from any juke-box, radio station, record-shop, pub, club or performance venue in the UK. (I suspect that some future members of the Party may have a problem with this but as the Founder Member and figurehead I feel I should have the right to have one clause in the manifesto just for me. Should we ever come to power, I intend to make it law.)
5. To actively promote scientific investigation in all areas, and scientific ethics based on logic and compassion.
6. To establish a system of morality based on a god-free philosophy, by which I mean that children should be taught respect for others and the basics of good behaviour without recourse to threats of damnation, hellfire and God’s rejection.
7. To establish an education system where religion only plays a part in that there is an ongoing debate and investigation within the curriculum into the existence of God. God’s existence will not be presented as fact, since it patently is a theory which has not been proven and for which there is only a small amount of dubious evidence.