Wednesday 7 January 2009

Tuesday 30 December 2008

i spoke in my dream
and it was all in german
what could i have said?

I woke up in the night speaking German, which was a bit disturbing, since I can’t speak German. ‘Schnell! Schnell!’ I was shouting. I am not sure if I can even spell German so this may not be correct.
The Ugly One and I watched a documentary about Hawkwind this evening, which was quite illuminating. I’ve always been a fan, but had no idea that the band had had such a turbulent history, having had some thirty seven members so far and still counting, or had taken quite so many drugs. This brings a whole new meaning to their album track ‘Kings of Speed’.
Later, we switched channels to land on the ad for the pan pipes collection; the best relaxation album in the world... blah blah blah... the magical sound of the pan pipes.... this is not available in any shops... blah blah blah.. thirty seven CDs of pan pipe classics such as ‘You Are Beautiful’, ‘Nessun Dorma’, ‘With Me Little Stick of Blackpool Rock’ and Motorhead’s ‘Ace of Spades’.
What sort of people buy albums of pan-pipe muzak? Don’t their friends ever sit them down and have a quiet word?
Do you know someone like this? Sit them down and have a quiet word!

No comments: