Tuesday 22 September 2009

Friday 18 September 2009

Telephony (n.) The sister of Cacophony. In Greek mythology she was abducted by Persil and carried off to the Underworld, to be eventually rescued by Radox.

I had a hospital appointment this morning at 10.15, but was eventually ushered into the consultant’s presence at around 11.45. I went through the usual procedure of undressing, being examined, and getting dressed again, a process to which I am becoming frighteningly accustomed. Things are improving, it appears, and from now on I will be the problem of Chelsea and Westminster Hospital and not St Mary’s.
I returned to work for a couple of hours and then, finding myself at something of a loose end, I headed for the celebrity sauna. As far as I could see there were no celebrities in attendance, although it has to be said that the lighting in the steam room was so low that I could, in theory, have been sitting next to Duncan from Blue. Yes, I realise it could just as easily have been Paul Daniels, but I reserve the right to select my imaginary celebrities in alphabetical order.
When I got home there was a card, letting me know that my new spectacles are ready for collection.
Hoorah!

No comments: