Tuesday 5 January 2010

Saturday 5 December 2009

My prayers to Argos, the God of Catalogue Shopping, seem to have been answered of late. I prayed that the ghastly Jedward would be thrown off X-Factor, and thrown off they were. May they be sent back to Dublin obscurity where the only words anyone will hear out of their rosy-cheeked annoying faces again is ‘Do You Want Fries With That?’
This week, my X-Factor prayers are that Danyl will go. I’m not sure if it is his goofy grin or his creepy manga eyes, but there is something about him that makes me feel very uneasy.
In terms of pure performance, he cannot be faulted, and therein lies my problem. His performance is always good, but he hasn’t improved any since the start of the series, and, quite honestly, I get no emotion from him. I’m sure he would be excellent in stage musicals, but as a singer, he leaves me cold.
We must be getting old as we had to have a man round to fix our computer today. He’s sorted it out and installed Windows 7.

No comments: