Tuesday 23 December 2008

Monday 22 December 2008

all are winding down
to a christmas recharge
green lights are winking

I was accosted again by the smitten Spaniard on my way home from work, he who you may remember chatted to me not so long ago as I had a cigarette outside Stockwell Tube Station. Although a very nice man, his English is a little fragmented, although not, I confess, as fragmented as my Spanish, which is positively molecular in its degree of fragmentation.
‘I want to say... how you say.. to see you again...?’ he said.
I shook my head bemusedly.
‘When you see someone again, you say... what... to see you nice...’
‘Yes, that’s right,’ I said. ‘The phrase is ‘Nice to see you, to see you nice!’
‘Ahhh! Nice to see you, to see you nice!’ he said, and gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek before running off into the night.

No comments: