Monday 30 April 2007

Saturday 28 April 2007

andrew lloyd webber;
strange dwarf from a lost village.
please find your way back.


The UO and I staggered home in the cruel daylight, calling in at the Empire Fish Bar for chips on the way.
I have not a hangover for quite some time, and I think I’m getting too old for them. I spent most of Saturday groaning and cursing myself for mixing my drinks. As Occupational Therapy I did the washing up and listened to ‘Journey Into Space’ on Radio 7.
Saturday evening TV is not conducive to this sort of recuperation. We avoided the search for the new Joseph on 'Any Dream Will Do'. The news that Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber has now stolen the title of richest musician from Sir Paul McCartney had made the taste in my mouth even nastier.
Why don’t they launch a search for a new Andrew Lloyd Webber? Surely nothing could be worse than the old one.
‘Doctor Who’ raised our spirits a little, as did a restorative glass of wine. The UO ordered pizza and we caught up with ‘The Sopranos’ and ‘Coronation Street’. Occasionally we caught glimpses between other shows of the screaming horror of Graham Norton and his search for the new Joseph and his slightly dated Technicolour Dreamcoat.
We shuddered and thanked multiple non-existent gods for creating us with some level of taste and discrimination.

No comments: