Friday 13 April 2007

Thursday 12 April 2007

downloading beatles
onto chitinous hard drives.
an infestival.

I was very sorry to hear of the recent death of Kurt Vonnegut, one of my favourite authors, creator of ‘Slaughterhouse Five’ and, my personal favourite ‘The Sirens of Titan’. Vonnegut was a brilliant satirist and ‘The Sirens of Titan’ in particular is one of those rare, genuinely funny books which highlights the absurdities of society.
I am glad to see that his last novel ‘Man Without a Country’ was written specifically to express exactly how much he despised George W Bush. George, if Vonnegut despises you, there’s something seriously seriously wrong with what you’re doing.
Cheeta, the chimp from the Tarzan films, is alive and well at the age of 75. Sadly, so are Peter Andre and Katie Price, which is another argument for the non-existence of a supreme being.
Peter and Katie are already on my Lecter List, i.e. the list of people without whose existence the quality of the world would actually improve. It would appear that another series of their dire reality show has been commissioned by the E! Channel (the channel for people who can’t read words of more than one letter) with the highly original title of ‘Peter and Katie – The Next Chapter’I won’t be tuning in. ‘Peter and Katie – the Double Funeral’ might excite me slightly more, but only slightly.

No comments: