Thursday 15 May 2008

Tuesday 13 May 2008

you, large woman
at the ticket barrier
pushing in. stop it!

I got home quite late today and discovered that the Wise Woman of Wigan had left a message saying that she saw me yesterday on the Westbound platform at Embankment while she was on the Eastbound. She waved, she said.
I should have gone to Specsavers.
We caught up with Derren Brown this evening and his new ‘Trick or Treat’ series.
I love Derren Brown. I think I’d like to marry him but he’d probably hypnotise me into believing that I don’t really want to.
His first victim was a forgetful man, whom Derren taught to speedread through a vast number of books, after which he was entered (as a team of one) for a pub-quiz, packed with pub-quiz veterans. As was to be expected, the victim came joint-first. The joy of this series is seeing the sheer amazement on people’s faces when they surprise themselves with what they can do.

No comments: