Wednesday 11 June 2008

Saturday 7 June 2008

i’m making pastry.
it’s a kind of alchemy,
transforms in my hands.

The Ugly One and I spent most of the day lounging about and watching TV. I realise that this must seem like nothing new, but it is a bit odd for a Saturday. I’m normally out shopping for exotic ingredients, if not exotic shopkeepers.
We took in ‘Resident Evil – Extinction’ which was more of the same Resident Evil fodder; zombies and mutant dogs. I’m not quite sure why the dogs are so much faster than the zombie humans – who seem to stumble about dazed as if they’d just had a long conversation with Mariah Carey. This time we got zombie crows, and Alice (Milla Jovovich) has developed Heroes powers (though exactly how is not clear).
In the obligatory underground bunker was a young man whose face I could not place, and eventually had to look him up on t’internet.
It was none other than Matthew Marsden. What do you mean, ‘Who?’?
Actually, it took me a while to work out that he was in Coronation Street about ten years ago playing a young mechanic in Kev’s garage. I suspect he might also have had a fling with Sally, but then, who hasn’t?

No comments: