Saturday 19 April 2008

Thursday 17 April 2008

‘do you speak german?’
he asked in perfect english
so i replied ‘nein!’

Please visit the Corrie website below, run by someone called Flaming Nora. Coronation Street is a National Institution and should be supported.

http://coronationstreetupdates.blogspot.com/

I am getting a little tired of mad people. Usually I have nothing against mad people, but in sufficient numbers they get even my goat, and my goat is generally difficult to get. Today I was having a quiet cigarette, on the street outside our secret government bunker, contemplating the empty godless universe and the inevitability of the entropic death of the cosmos (as you do), when a man in a Dr Van Hargens wide-brimmed hat walked up to me.
‘Do you speak German?’ he asked.
‘No. I don’t sorry.’
‘It is a shame. I myself am German.’
‘OK’
‘Very well... Guten Tag!’
‘Guten Tag!’
‘Ahhh!’ he cried, gazing at me with a new glint in his eye as though I were a plasticised Welshman, about to be sliced into wafer thin strips. ‘So you do speak German!’
I sidled away, like a crab, and escaped back in through the high security doors.

1 comment:

Glenda Young said...

Thanks very much for the link, HB from FN.